Dangerous Goods by Air IATA Refresher
|Course date:||22 & 23 September, 2020|
The International Air Transport Association places a number of responsibilities on all those involved in consigning and transporting Dangerous Goods by Air. It is a legal requirement that those involved attend and pass an approved training course in order to be aware of the various regulations and requirements.
- Apply the Dangerous Goods Regulations correctly and understand the legal aspects involved.
- Understand that certain articles and substances are forbidden for transport by air and identify goods that are permitted as cargo only or excepted from the Regulations in all or in part.
- Differentiate between the Shipper’s and the Operator’s responsibilities and identify one’s own responsibility.
- Recognise and classify articles and substances, which have dangerous characteristics.
- Identify the requirements of the Dangerous Goods List including State and Operator variations.
- Select proper packaging for Dangerous Goods and understand the requirements of the packing instructions for outer packaging.
- Properly Mark and Label packages and check the accuracy of same.
- Correctly complete the necessary Transport Document (Shipper’s Dangerous Goods Declaration or DGD), check the accuracy of the information appearing on same and complete the Airwaybill details.
- Offer properly prepared Dangerous Goods consignments for air transport and understand and apply the operator’s acceptance procedures.
- General Philosophy
- List of dangerous Goods
- Packing instructions
- Labelling and Marking
- Shipper’s Declaration and other relevant documentation
- Storage and loading procedures
- Provisions for passengers and crew
- Emergency procedures
A special discount is available (against the tuition fee) of 20% to a second attendee, when booked together four weeks in advance of the course.
Contact here for further information
You can use the following form to find out more about this course.