Export Edge Training has been at the leading edge in Business & Finance Education and Corporate Courses in Ireland over the last 15 years. This Professional Development Course in Business Law is designed to enable learners to operate effectively in the import / export sectors and to understand the key issues affecting this industry.
– To gain a basic understanding of the Irish legal system
– To gain an understanding of the impact of legislation on the business environment
– To understand principles of the law
– To be familiar with the legal language, procedures and relevant documents
– To appreciate the importance of respecting confidentiality in all business
communications and transactions.
Irish Legal System and the Business Environment
– The Courts, Court officers and Sources of Law
– Jurisdiction of the Courts
– Enforcement procedures for civil debt
– Jurisdiction of Courts and Enforcement of Judges (European Communities) Act 1988
– Essential Ingredients for the Formation of a Contract, Terms of a contract
– Discharge of a Contract
– Remedies for breach of contract.
FETAC & IICM Accreditation
Support is given on completion of assignments, to be submitted during term, plus end of term exam. FETAC Component Certificate can be combined with other modules leading to
Major and Higher Level Awards in the National Framework of Irish and EU Qualifications.
This Course is validated by FETAC and the Irish Institute of Credit Management.
Austin Rutledge Austin Rutledge Austin Rutledge
http://www.export-edge.com CEO / Educational Director.
Principles of law
– Sale of Goods Act 1893 and Supply of Services Act 1980
– Delivery and Payment of goods
– Buyer’s and Seller’s remedies.
– Consumer Credit Act 1995:
– Hirer/Finance company (trader)’s obligation and rights;
– Lessor/Lessee’s obligations and rights.
– Negotiable Instruments
– Credit and Security: Mortgages
Business Law Syllabus
Irish Legal System
Sources of Irish Law
Irish Court and Court Offices
Irish Judicial System
Enforcement of Judgement
Different types of Business Organisations
Main aspects of European Law on Small and Medium Enterprises
Understanding the legal terms in the Business Environment
Procedures for maintaining confidentiality in business communications and transactions
Nature of Contract
Essential features of a contract
Terms of contract
Discharge and Breach of Contract
Introduction to the principles of law relevant to a range of business practices
Outline the main provisions of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 and Sale of Goods and Supply of Services, Act 1980
Outline the terms implied into a contract under the legislation
Explain the terms:
· Proof of purchase
· Contract for sale
Outline the essential requirements for a
· Hire purchase agreement
· Leasing agreement
List the essential characteristics of a negotiable instrument
Different types of negotiable instruments
· Bills of exchange
· Promissory notes
Define the terms:
· Hire purchase
Outline the main provisions of the Consumer Credit Act, 1995
Outline the essential requirements for a hire purchase agreement