Import Customs Clearance Procedures
|Recognised by:||IICM & ILM|
|Course date:||27 March 2018|
Whether you complete returns or rely on your forwarding agents to complete returns, the Principal Company is the party liable (except in certain defined circumstances). To avoid the risk of infringements of the EU Customs Code, proper monitoring of returns has now become essential. This course is a must for those operational and supervisory personnel needing to become familiar with Clearance returns requirements.
- To provide the Importing or Logistics company with a clear understanding of the Customs Clearance Process. Companies will be guided in devising practical procedures and assessment processes to avoid infringements of the Customs Regulations.
- To be aware of Irish Revenue’s major concerns regarding data quality on Customs declarations.
- To understand the new penalties introduced by the Finance Act 2011, where declarants who make incorrect returns may be liable to penalties.
Course Benefit Assurance
A detailed review of your customs and trade issues will take place with a pre-course questionnaire review followed by ongoing support for the week following the course.
- General overview
- INCOTERMS 2010
- Customs valuation
- Preferential origin
- VAT (value added tax)
- Calculating & payment of import duty & taxes
- Customs procedures codes
- SAD, AEP & associated documents
- Customs documents
- EU security legislation impacting imports & export entries.
- Union customs code
- SAD completion
- Brexit Contingency Planning
A special discount is available (against the tuition fee) of 20% to a second attendee, when booked together four weeks in advance of the course.
Click here to see our Brochure about the course