Dangerous Goods ADR Awareness
|Recognised by:||ILM & IICM|
|Course date:||23 & 24 October 2017|
This course is essential for anyone who is involved in shipment admin and management of Dangerous Goods transport issues. This area covers responsibilities for Transport, Despatch, Administration, Warehouse and all staff concerned with the movement and safety of Dangerous Goods.
ADR Code states that the above persons should receive training in the requirements governing the carriage of dangerous goods appropriate to their responsibilities and duties. Unless your related staff receive documented awareness training you may be in breach of current regulations and liable to fines for non-compliance.
- To obtain an overview of Dangerous Goods transport requirements pertaining to recent Irish legislation and industry practice.
- To fully comprehend ‘S.I. 349’, the European Communities (Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road & ADR Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations.
Course Benefit Assurance
DG Awareness Certificates are awarded to participants who complete the course.
- Awareness of responsibilities
- The Regulations (national & international)
- Review of Hazardous Materials
- Carrier Responsibilities
- UN numbers / identification
- Being aware of the dangers
- Emergency Information
- Limited Quantities
- Classification of Mixtures and Solutions
- Labelling / Placarding
- Security Provisions
- Practical Exercises
- Vehicle Requirements
- Vehicle Equipment
- Driver Training
- Security Plan
- Transportation Documentation
A special discount is available (against the tuition fee) of 20% to a second attendee, when booked together four weeks in advance of the course.
Click here to see our Brochure about the course